May all those who lost their lives may rest in peace
May the proper actions take place afterwards
~10PM, Sunday, October 1st, 2017, Route 91 Harvest Festival, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Sources: ABCNews,CNN, Washington Post,
What seemed like the typical festival going on in the Las Vegas strip and everyone having a good time and enjoying a concert until one moment: non-stop bullets was shooting into the Route 91 Harvest Site from the 29th Floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel from the corning block. During this festival, there were hundreds of attendees. There are at least 59 people killed and 527 injured, currently confirmed and could possibly rise.
The suspect is a 64-year-old, white, Mequite, Nevada resident Stephen Paddock who stayed at the Mandalay Bay Hotel during the time of the event that had brought the numerous (23) firearms (pistols, handguns, and rifles) and an ingredient used in explosives (room and car) mostly found in his room. At this point in time, the motive is unclear. They also found 3 cameras, 2 in the hallways outside his room, and 1 looking through the door. After this happening, he had taken his own life. It is believed that he acted alone.
According to CNN, Paddocks brain was autopsied and there was “no abnormalities.”
If you know any loved ones in Las Vegas during this incident and looking for them, please call: 1-800-536-9488
Las Vegas Shooting Gofundme
I think this a saddening and horrific moment in American history and will ever remain to be a part of the dark histories that will always be remembered. We will not forget this event like past similar events. I know in American culture, people like their weaponry and right to bear arms but will this or future events like this change the way things will change in the distant future? Will it change to where other countries are doing?
I wonder the backstory and why this person decide to do this act? Did something go wrong or did he have some sort of mental breakdown?
- How could this ever happen?
- How could this guy get so many weaponry into a hotel?
- What kind of security or security policies does this hotel have?
- What is the motives?
- What is the shooters background?
- Was this an act of terrorism?
- Terrorism is defined as any act that can cause terror amongst a group of people in an certain area.
- Was there more than one shooter?
- Will this affect the way we have the right to bear arms?
- Will the right to bear arms change or be more restrictive?
- How will history or culture change for the better?
This post will be updated once more information is out to general public