Have you ever wondered what an original thought actually is?
At this day of age, it seems as though a lot of the things that we say have to say or do is related to some sort of past or current popular culture. Popular culture is things that we all can relate to like popular phrases, proverbs, movies, tv shows, books, news, journals, songs, podcasts, radio, and other outlets.
It may be hard to come up with something without the referencing something from popular culture. But, the challenge is how well to challenge your thought process to think how original you original process is.
There is a game out there that my friends and I played during some free time between classes at college. We would have a conversation even though that some of it would be a random sketch that we would have to come up with something quite hilarious.
- gather around a few people, family, friends, classmates, or acquaintances.
- come with a topic or an improvised conversation
- try to see how long you can last in the conversation without referencing anything from popular phrases, proverbs, movies, tv shows, books, journals, news, songs, podcasts, radio, and other outlets.
- first person to reference something from any outlet listed in the bullet above will have to back out of the conversation until the last person stands
- last person standing has the most original thoughts
- after the round you may start over again.